Saturday, June 14, 2014

The way we talk about talent, it makes it seem as if it were a consistent, driving force. Something restless and in a constant state of being. The few times I have been told I have it - talent - I doubted it's very existence. I feel I have been talented at different points in my life; I have done something exceptional, I have felt I'm doing it, whatever it is, right. To the fullest extent. But soon after I feel it wane and quiver and sometimes it is lost all together. But however much of a gift it is,or however many moments in which you reach one potential, there is always another and talent - ebbing and flowing, one moment a seemingly tangible thing, the next dissipated and unreachable - is never constant. It is another daily struggle. A worthy and admirable one, but a struggle nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Penny for your thoughts?