Friday, September 18, 2015

I don't behave, I just don't say anything

sometimes I enjoy the conversation through the cubicle walls,
sometimes the ladies in the office have important things to say. 

not often, but 
often enough that I take my earbuds out at least
once a day. 

they discuss sales at JC Penny or
Wal-Mart ("I don't pretend the be above it" one of them says when 
I mention my mother's boycott against the corporate monster) 

so, I mostly listen to Nick Drake or 
Mitch Hedberg albums and

organize paperwork
think about apologizing for 
my behavior the night before
calling you and telling you 
"I was drunk"
which, I wasn't but

what other excuse do I have? 
besides being an asshole and

seeing as you're the only person who
just holds me when I 
asked to be held, just kissed me when 
I didn't deserve your vulnerable lips, or
the significance in your kiss--



I don't want you to think I'm an asshole.

1 comment:

Penny for your thoughts?